MANAUS, Brazil -- Xherdan Shaqiris hat trick put Switzerland into the second round of the World Cup, and kept coach Ottmar Hitzfeld gainfully employed for at least a few more days. Shaqiri scored a pair of first-half goals and added another in the second Wednesday to give Switzerland a 3-0 victory over Honduras, a result that put the Swiss in second place in Group E behind France. "We knew that we were going to show great football today," said Shaqiri, a Bayern Munich winger. "For us, this has been really a dream to be in the World Cup, small Switzerland in the World Cup." The small Swiss will next face the not-so-small Lionel Messi and Argentina on Tuesday in Sao Paulo in what could be Hitzfelds final match. The German veteran, a two-time Champions League winner as a coach, has said this tournament will be his last. "We are really anxious for that. We also know that we are not the favourites for the match, but we are going to try for victory," Shaqiri said. "Getting to the round of 16, everything is possible. You never know." Shaqiri scored his first goal in the sixth minute, dribbling into a crowd of defenders and curling a shot into the net off the underside of the crossbar. In the 31st, he collected a pass from Josip Drmic after a defensive error and easily beat Honduras goalkeeper Noel Valladares. Shaqiri completed his hat trick in the 71st. Drmic did well to beat Honduras defender Victor Bernardez on the left and pass to a charging Shaqiri, who one-timed his shot past a diving Valladares. In the other Group E game, France held Ecuador to a 0-0 draw. The match at the Arena da Amazonia was the fourth and final game to be played in the Brazilian rainforest, and was the second to have an official cooling break because of the stifling heat and humidity. According to FIFA, it was 26 degrees C (79 degrees F) with the humidity at 88 per cent when the match started. Referee Nestor Pitana of Argentina made the decision to stop the match in the 39th, and the break lasted for about a minute. There was also an official break in the first half of the United States-Portugal match on Sunday. After three 6 p.m. starts at the Arena da Amazonia, Wednesdays match started at 4 p.m. But a noontime thunderstorm combined with overcast skies and a slight breeze cooled the temperature a bit after several days of sunny skies and oppressive heat. "Toward the end things were getting tougher, but we managed to deal with this," Hitzfeld said. "We ran for the ball." The extreme weather had been something Honduras was looking forward to. The Central American country has a similar climate, and they often play qualifiers under the same circumstances in an effort to gain an advantage over opposing teams. On Wednesday, Honduras struggled to create much on the attacking end, but did manage several decent attempts in the second half. The teams best chance came in the 52nd minute when striker Jerry Bengtson beat Switzerland goalkeeper Diego Benaglio but had his shot cleared off the line by defender Ricardo Rodriguez. A few minutes later, Honduras screamed for a penalty after substitute Jerry Palacios went down in the area with Switzerland defender Johan Djourou on his back, but Pitana decided otherwise. "The second half was very good. We had three or four chances to score, but to score a goal is a different story," said Honduras coach Luis Fernando Suarez, who said he would not continue as coach of the national team. "In a sense, we disappointed our nation." Switzerland and Honduras played each other at the World Cup in South Africa exactly four years ago, on June 25, 2010, but that match ended in a 0-0 draw and both teams were eliminated. This time, the Swiss move on and Hitzfeld has plenty more work to do against Argentina. "(Its) going to be a match that we have nothing to lose. We have a lot to gain," Hitzfeld said. "We do have a chance, even against Argentina." ------ Lineups: Honduras: Noel Valladares; Brayan Beckeles, Victor Bernardez, Maynor Figueroa, Juan Carlos Garcia; Oscar Boniek Garcia (Andy Najar, 77), Jorge Claros, Wilson Palacios, Roger Espinoza (Marvin Chavez, 46); Carlo Costly (Jerry Palacios, 40), Jerry Bengtson. Switzerland: Diego Benaglio; Stephan Lichtsteiner, Johan Djourou, Fabian Schaer, Ricardo Rodriguez; Valon Behrami, Gokhan Inler, Xherdan Shaqiri (Blerim Dzemaili, 87), Granit Xhaka (Michael Lang, 77), Admir Mehmedi; Josip Drmic (Haris Seferovic, 73). Thomas Vermaelen Jersey . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. Samuel Umtiti Jersey . Striker Dario Mandzukic scored the opener in the 22nd minute but was given a red card nine minutes later for a reckless tackle and left Croatia with 10 men for the remainder of the match. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/Kids-Sergi-Roberto-Jersey/.m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. Barcelona Jerseys . -- Top-seed Shahar Peer and Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the second round of the inaugural WTA Citi Open. Denis Suarez Jersey . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday.Hang a 75-pound weight from his waist and Georges St-Pierre will happily do one chin-up after another. The mixed martial arts star never takes a step back, always looking for an edge, be it working with elite gymnasts or sprinters. But St-Pierres biggest strength is also his biggest weakness. "Im completely obsessed," he said of the way he approaches each fight. When a grain of doubt enters his mind, the beast in the gym becomes brittle. And on Friday, a shopping list of distractions finally took their toll on one of Canadas most famous athletes. Citing the pressures of being champion and of being in a constant limelight, St-Pierre said his life has become "completely insane" and a "freaking zoo." Admitting he was no longer up for the rigours of fighting in a cage, the UFCs pay-per-view king vacated his welterweight title and announced a hiatus from the sport. St-Pierre (25-2) also cited personal issues, which he declined to detail. But clearly they have obscured his obsessive focus in a sport whose athletes spend months preparing for fights. "Physically Im 100 per cent, Im still young, Im on top of the world," the 32-year-old from Montreal told a media conference call. "But mentally I just feel like I cannot go through another training camp right now and I dont know when I will be able to." UFC president Dana White said No. 1 contender Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks will fight No. 3 (Ruthless) Robbie Lawler for the title on March 15 in Dallas. "I think this is the right move for Georges St-Pierre," said White. "You can hear by listening to him hes got a lot of issues personally that he needs to deal with." St-Pierre had cast doubt about his future last month following UFC 167, a controversial split decision win over Hendricks, when he said he needed time away from the sport to sort out some personal issues. That enraged White, who did not like the idea of one of his biggest assets walking away -- especially in the aftermath of a controversial decision. But White calmed down after talking to St-Pierre later that night. And on Friday, he continued to downplay the drama. "At the end of the day, its really not that big of a deal. The guys got some things that he needs to deal with. He was classy enough to say Im not going to jam up the 170-pound division while I deal with these things, Im going to step aside and handle myself and then Ill be back." In the wake of the Hendricks fight, a TMZ report said the champion was dealing with a family illness and a personal issue. White later told The Canadian Press that St-Pierre had told him the report was not true. St-Pierre loosened up during Fridays call, joking with reporters that they were not going to get anything personal from him. "Im going to take a break. I need this," he said Friday. "I need to have a normal life for a bit. Ill feel better and come back stronger." Having a normal life was a theme repeated throughout the conference call. Asked what he wants to get away from, St-Pierre said he loves his sport. "As much as I choose to do it, now I choose to not do it." He said he expects to be back, although he sounded far from certain. "I dont know when, I dont know if, I think I will (be back) I cant say 100 per cent. But right now I just dont want people thinking about me." Press tours, cameras and trash-talking were some of the things he said he needed to avoid. St-Pierre was somewhat vague about a comeback. "I believe one day I will come back. The problem is I dont know how long (I will be away)." He said he has already conquered Everest three times before, when he lost to Matt Hughes (in 2004) and Matt (The Terror) Serra (in 2007) and when he came back (in 2012) from knee surgery. "And if I have to do a fourth time, believe me, I feel like Im, going to do it." White, who explained GSPs UFC contract was considered frozen, said he believed St-Pierre will be back. St-Pierre exits ranked second to light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones in the UFCs pound-for-pound rankings. White called St-Pierre "the greatest welterweight ever" and "the gold standard in everything." "And as far as working with us, theres nobody better. If I had 475 guys like Georges St-Pierre, my life would be a lot easier." A gentleman outside the cage who shares little of his personal life, St-Pierre has always taken his responsibilities seriously. In 2008, he missed an interview session with a visiting reporter who was left standing outside a Montreal gym. His manager at the time advised that St-Pierre haad suffered a minor injury earlier in the day and had forgotten about his interview with the reporter.dddddddddddd The journalist told the manager not to worry, given they had already had a previously scheduled appointment for the next day. St-Pierre, however, had a different idea. He drove to the gym to collect the reporter and took him out for dinner to do the interview. Then he drove the reporter to his hotel, apologizing again for having been late. While other fighters wore T-shirts and sweats, St-Pierre -- taking a page from some champion boxers -- always wore a suit for his post-fight news conferences. St-Pierre, who said he will keep training, has no need to fight again. He has made millions and made a point of looking after his family when the cheques started coming in. One of his first duties as champion was to pay off the mortgages of his parents and sisters. The UFC is wasting no time getting round to the post-GSP era. Carlos Condit is currently ranked No. 2 among welterweight contenders but he has lost to both St-Pierre and Hendricks. And White noted that Lawler just beat Canadian contender and GSP training partner Rory (Ares) MacDonald. "Not to mention the fact that theres not doubt that the Robbie Lawler-Johny Hendricks fight is going to be an absolute gunfight." White said Condit may also be on the Dallas card. Condit was previously due to fight Matt (The Immortal) Brown until Brown was sidelined by a back injury. As champion, St-Pierre has worn a target on his back since he first won the title in 2006. "The situation Im at, its a lot of pressure," he said. "Its like every fight Im carrying weight on my shoulder. Every fight, its like you add weight on your shoulder. Every fight. "At one point it comes so heavy that I have a hard time carrying it myself." St-Pierre has survived turmoil throughout his career. He lost his championship belt in his first title defence before winning it back. And he has endured a string of injuries, including knee reconstruction surgery in December 2011. That prompted the UFC to pit Condit against Nick Diaz for the interim title. Condit won but was beaten by St-Pierre when the champion returned to action at UFC 154 in November 2012. St-Pierre was the first Canadian to hold a UFC title since Carlos (Ronin) Newton, who held the welterweight crown for seven months in 2001 before losing it to Matt Hughes. St-Pierre lost to Hughes, now a member of the UFC Hall of Fame, in a title bout at UFC 50 in 2004 but won the rematch at UFC 65 in November 2006 to claim the championship belt. His initial reign at champion was short-lived. Beset by family illness and lacking focus, GSP was upset by Matt (The Terror) Serra in his first title defence at UFC 69 in April 2007. GSP fights as he prepares. A good camp equals a good performance. He paid a heavy price for a bad one. St-Pierre retooled, changing his management and revamping his coaching staff. "I truly believe that this loss is probably the best thing that ever happened to me," he said at the time. At the suggestion of a sports psychologist, he carried a brick around with Serras name inscribed on it. Then he threw it in the chilly waters of Montreals South Shore to bury the memory of the Serra loss. St-Pierre has not lost since. He won his title back from Serra three fights later in commanding fashion, at UFC 83 in Montreal in April 2008. The decision over Hendricks was a record 19th win in the UFC for St-Pierre, moving him past Hughes at 18. It also extended his string of victories to 12, the longest current run in the UFC. The Hendricks victory also moved GSP past former middleweight champion Anderson Silva for most wins in UFC title bouts at 12. St-Pierre holds the record for career fight time in the UFC at five hours 28 minutes 12 seconds. He also owns the UFC mark for most championship rounds fought (52). UFC 167 was St-Pierres 14th championship fight, one behind Randy Couture. St-Pierre also leads the UFC records in total strikes landed, significant strikes landed, takedowns landed and takedown accuracy rate, according to FightMetric. "Im content," he said of his legacy. St-Pierre is not the first UFC champion to give up their title. Tim Sylvia voluntarily gave up the heavyweight championship belt in 2003 when he tested positive for steroids, which was a pre-emptive strike to being stripped. Bas Rutten gave up his heavyweight title in 1999 to campaign as a light-heavyweight. Injuries forced him to retire soon after. Frank Shamrock voluntarily vacated his title in 1999 and retired, although he later returned to action outside the UFC. Cheap Barcelona JerseysCheap Real Madrid Jerseys AuthenticCheap Bayern Munich JerseysCheap Dortmund JerseysCheap USA JerseysCheap USWNT JerseysFrance Soccer JerseysSoccer Mexico JerseysCheap Germany JerseysCheap Belgium Soccer JerseysBrazil Jerseys From ChinaGermany Jerseys From ChinaAuthentic Soccer Mexico JerseysCheap Portugal Soccer JerseysWholesale Spain JerseysCheap France Football JerseysCheap Germany Jerseys AuthenticCheap Mexico Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Colombia JerseysCheap Belgium Football JerseysWholesale Argentina JerseysCheap USA Soccer Jerseys Chinacheap uswnt jersey authenticAuthentic AC Milan JerseysDiscount Arsenal JerseysWholesale A.S. Roma JerseysWholesale Atletico Madrid JerseysChelsea Jerseys From ChinaBarcelona Jerseys From ChinaCheap Bayern Munich JerseysAuthentic Borussia Dortmund JerseysAuthentic Inter Milan JerseysAuthentic Juventus JerseysCheap Leicester City JerseysWholesale Liverpool JerseysAuthentic Manchester City JerseysAuthentic Manchester United JerseysCheap Paris Saint-Germain JerseysAuthentic Real Madrid JerseysSevilla Jerseys For SaleTottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '